Newbury Partners are the leading digital transformation advisors to the staffing industry. We are currently seeking a Sr. Project Manager to join our team.
The Sr. Project Manager is a key leadership position within our Professional Services organization.
The Sr. PM acts with integrity, leads by example and serves as the primary POC during the engagement to ensure the appropriate resources and controls are in place for successful planning and execution. You will lead the implementation experience for North America customers. You will work closely with the Customer, Sales Executives, Solution Consultants, Solution Architects and Software Engineers to understand customer requirements and provide expertise to define and develop appropriate solutions while managing expectations to deliver an incredible customer experience.
A typical day might include:
- Managing multiple projects for a single client or juggling projects for multiple clients
- Partnering with clients to identify and drive key business objectives
- Leading the project planning activities; Managing the project schedule and critical path.
- Preparing/Presenting internal and external status reports to various stakeholders.
- Leading cross functional teams by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhere to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Proactively managing risks and issues.
- Collaborating with your client, Newbury project team members and the extended Bullhorn partner team
- Providing input and driving continuous improvement for the PMO’s methodology and best practices. This includes standardized processes, tools, templates and techniques that benefit project delivery teams.
- Mentoring junior project managers, leading by example in following all PMO project governance standards.
This role may be a fit for you if:
- You have experience in the recruiting, staffing, or human resources industry; particularly in middle office, payroll, and billing systems implementations.
- You have a proven track record of 5-7 years of managing enterprise IT implementation projects and/or Implementation Consulting experience for external clients.
- You are experienced and comfortable managing projects of 6+ months duration and project budgets up to $1M.
- You aren’t afraid to take risks and learn from mistakes.
- You love collaborating with your team, client and partners.
- Project planning, execution and continuous improvement is in your DNA.
- You are an expert in project management best practices (e.g., PMBOK, Schedule Mgmt, Risk/Issue Mgmt, Scope Mgmt, WBS, etc…). Expert level proficiency with project estimation methods and project scheduling tools (E.g., Smartsheets, Clarizen, MS Project).
- You have a proven track record of successfully delivering projects on-time, within budget, with high quality and with consistently high customer satisfaction scores
Bonus points for:
- Staffing industry experience and knowledge and associated applications
- SaaS implementation project delivery
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience with multiple development methodologies (e.g., waterfall, agile, iterative/hybrid, etc.)
- Smartsheets experience
Newbury is committed to our core purpose to improve the quality of life and success of our people and partners. Our core values core values guide our actions and we are looking for people who exhibit these traits:
- We have each others back
- Listen first, act second
- Wake up and love what you do
- Face the problem
- We don’t fail, we learn
- We are empowered to do what is right